- Side dishes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups green cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups red cabbage, cut into thin strips
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, then stir in the vinegar, salt, and pepper, and heat through.
- Pour the dressing on the cut cabbage and toss to combine. Make sure the cabbage is at room temperature when dressed and be sure to keep the coleslaw at room temperature, or the dressing will congeal.
Allow to stand at least an hour before serving.